Job Openings at Capital Design Homes
Capital Design and Construction, Inc. located in Atlanta, GA is seeking an Import Specialist with high school diploma and 2 yrs. experience. Please email resume to Donatala at email@example.com
- Ensure deemed export compliance and advise internal business customers on compliance program develop, enhance, and maintain deemed export us processes and solutions submit export license applications to bis via snap-r develop and provide export compliance awareness training to local staff drive innovative solution requirements to further enhance and automate compliance us & global export regulatory compliance and drive continuous improvements monitor regulatory changes manage metrics for management reporting innovate control mechanisms to best meet business goals and compliance requirements enter transportation data from a regulatory and tracking perspective.
- Ensure regulatory requirements and proper documentation, including transit documents and customs clearances, exists for shipments.
- Ensure documentation is accurately processed, distributed and released to carrier, forwarders, customers, and agents, in a timely manner.
- Prepare all necessary data entry and confirmation of key milestones (departure, arrival, customs clearance, pods, etc.) As specified by USA customer standard operating procedures.
- Oversee the pick-up and transfer of shipments with appropriate partners.
- Establish knowledge of incoterms and commercial invoice requirements.
- Develop methods and procedures for transportation of commodities for designated shippers from local or offshore locations to warehouses, other storage facilities or final consignee locations.
- Prepare timely management information and reports as specified and requested.
- Negotiate shipping rates and submit to us based customers for approval when necessary to be competitive.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with vendors (e.g. Airline representatives, freight forwarders, custom brokers, local pickup and delivery companies, regional trucking companies, line haul providers, etc.).
- Use established regulatory knowledge to apply classification of hts/schedule b numbers, tariff filing, hazardous material handling (as required by position) and any other government agency requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all government related programs specific to mode and direction of related shipments (i.e. Customs, security, other import and export government agencies that regulate international trade).
- Process licensed shipments, assemblies, and in-bond movements.
- Maintain courteous, prompt and efficient customer relations.
- Participate as an effective team member with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment establish and maintain all necessary procedures to assure a clean, properly organized, safe and healthy environment for all personnel.
- Review us export documentation for accuracy.
- Review us export filing reports from forwarders, check for missing documentation, follow up on documentation.
- Request corrections on export documentation, communicate with warehouses, business windows, and other departments.
- Associate export documents with corresponding shipments, manage export shipping logs, review audit log and check for any issues.